SkinSure plus is a long-lasting moisturising anti-microbial barrier cream which protects against the transfer of germs. Ideal for people with dry skin conditions, and for use in healthcare.
Why do you need to use SkinSure plus?
SkinSure plus helps prevent the dreaded itch-scratch cycle by forming a fine waterproof barrier which stops irritants and allergens from having direct contact with the skin. It kills bacteria that readily infect damaged skin such as Staphylococcus aureus, a common cause of flare-up in conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
SkinSure Plus helps improve your skin condition and prevent skin flare-ups in a number of ways:
Triggers and prevention
There are steps you can take to make eczema/dermatitis flare-ups less frequent and less severe. These include making sure you take proper care of your skin on a day-to-day basis and being aware of factors which potentially trigger inflammation.
In healthy skin the cells on the surface are an effective barrier, protecting against substances that can cause an allergic response or promote inflammation. However, if the skin is dry, cracked or inflamed, its barrier function is weakened and far less able to resist further damage.
It is important to find out what is causing your skin to flare-up. Although triggers vary from person to person, there are some more common ones listed in the table on the right. Allergens do not affect everyone, whilst irritants do (though there is a wide range of susceptibility to the effect of irritants). In addition, bacteria are thought to contribute to the severity of a flare up of many skin problems, and slow the rate of healing.
- 1. When applied SkinSure Plus attacks the ‘itch-scratch’ cycle by forming a waterproof barrier. This prevents triggers from having direct access to your skin. The barrier lasts for at least 3 hours, even after constant hand washing it is not washed away.
- 2. The itch-scratch cycle can cause breaks in the skin, allowing bacteria to enter and worsening inflammation. The most common germ to cause this problem in eczema and dermatitis sufferers is Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA and MRSA). SkinSure Plus has a highly effective antimicrobial function, which kills bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus. The anti-bacterial effect lasts between 3 to 4 hours
- 3. SkinSure Plus is a highly effective, deep moisturiser which addresses the core issue of dry skin, keeping it supple and moist. This helps to support the skin's natural barrier function while allowing you to work because it doesn't leave a greasy residue once dry.
Using SkinSure Plus
- SkinSure Plus can be applied to any part of the body, including the face.
- The cream is not recommended for use on children under 3 years old.
- Before applying, the area should be clean and dry. Firstly, apply the cream to your hands (enough to cover your thumb nail is usually sufficient) including under your finger nails and around the cuticles, leave for 2-3 minutes until fully absorbed, then apply to other areas - the amount required will depend on the size of the area. Repeat as necessary. The cream should be re-applied every 3-4 hours to ensure protection is maintained.
STEROIDS CAUSE THINNING OF THE SKIN. A MILD AND TRANSIENT TINGLING OR BURNING SENSATION MAY OCCUR WHEN SEVERELY DAMAGED, THINNED OR INFLAMED SKIN IS TREATED WITH SKINSURE PRODUCTS. SKINSURE PRODUCTS CAN STILL BE USED SAFELY UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.
Who can use SkinSure plus?
SkinSure plus is ideal for anyone suffering from eczema and dermatitis. It is not recommended for use on children under 3 years of age. If you are using this product on a child over 3 years, then please carry out a patch test first.
What is in it?
SkinSure plus does not contain any steroids, alcohol, lanolin or fragrances.
Before applying, the area should be clean and dry. Firstly, apply the cream to your hands (enough to cover your thumb nail is usually sufficient) including under your finger nails and around the cuticles, leave for 2-3 minutes until fully absorbed, then apply to other areas - the amount required will depend on the size of the area. Repeat as necessary. The cream should be re-applied every 3-4 hours to ensure protection is maintained.
800ml pouch for dispenser (dispensers sold separately)